These are my own perceptions,as they occur in my mind and the insights,the interpretations and my understanding the subject matter, are there, for the public discussion..............

Monday, July 23, 2007

Naivedyam

As "Naivedyam" to God,what offering I should make,when I know that He is the creator of all the materials available in this world?Any worldly thing I offer,He has it in Him already, as He has the whole Universe in His stomach--Ulagam unda peru vayan--.Yet I offer Him, in my
everyday pooja, a raisin or two and say " Maha naivedyam nivedayami". Is it apt ?

It's not the material,the Bhava and Bhakthi which He expects from us. Even if I give a big feast without any bhava, God may not accept it. He has said it in Bhagawatham " Patram Pushpam Phalam Thoyam Yo me bhakthya Prayachathi......." (10/81/4). I can give a Tulasi patram,or a flower, or a banana or if nothing is there a glass of water as naivedyam to Him and if I give it with Bhakthi He will be happily taking it.

So where is the question of material in naivedyam ? It is only our bhavam which can be offered to God as Naivedyam. I may add, what ever we make as food for our own consumption ,can be offered to Him first as our naivedaym and taken back as His Prasadam and that food is going to taste better with His blessings in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home